Friday, May 18, 2012

Creative 5-18-12

One of the best memories I have
was when I marched down
Main Street of Disney World
People were cheering, cameras were flashing
My mom and dad were in the crowd
We were about to march and everyone was
In an amazing mood, having the time of our lives
In this once in a lifetime opportunity.
I remember feeling nervous and excited all at once
Here I was about to perform all the songs we had
Practiced the whole year at Football games
This was somehow different, the thousands
Of people that were waiting for us to come around
the corner and march and play the music right up in
front of the Magic Kingdom. 

1 comment:

  1. Seems like this could be prose. Is there lyricism here? Is there figurative language that could mean more than it does literally?

    I'd say this is a draft right now, and it ought to be infused with deep reflection, specific imagery, and an overall vision.

    Nervous and excited all at once? Great. Show me that instead of telling me.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete